Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Until we meet again

My grandpa passed away last Wednesday night. It has been a pretty emotional week for the family. I had the opportunity to be with him just fifteen minutes before he passed. The spirit was so strong in the room, I could feel how thin the veil was at that time. My grandpa was an amazing man, he loved everyone he knew. What an amazing example he set for each one of us. I look forward to the day when I can be with him again. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the opportunity that we have to be eternal families. Funerals to me are not depressing because I know that it is not the end, but only the beginning of what is yet to come.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures.


































15 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa :( There is something about military funerals that just breaks my heart. My Grandpa passed away too this year just a few days before Will came. It is such a comfort the know we will get to be with them again.

Bon said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I am grateful for the knowledge only the gospel can bring. And the peace we can receive only through our Savior!

The Price Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It's comforting to have the gospel in our lives. You are so strong!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Im so sorry to hear about your grandpa, times like these are never fun. But you are so true, it's not the end... and how blessed we are to have eternal families! You're in my prayers.

The Cook Clan said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your news. You are so strong! I love the picture!!!!

Heidi said...

i'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm also grateful for the knowledge of eternal families- it's a comfort blanket for the evils and perils of this world.

Amy said...

Sorry about your grandpa this gospel is so amazing and brings such comfort. Kevin and I have been through 4 grandparents deaths since we have been married and it's tough hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, although it's nice you see it the way you do. I'm glad you have some great memories & pictures to remember him by.

Darla and Kirk Nuttall said...

Wow, losing a grandparent is so hard. I am very sorry for the loss of your grandpa, but I agree with you on the plan of salvation. It is hard to let them go, but the nice thing is knowing the place that they went to.

Janae said...

Genessa I am so sorry! Your grandpa was soo sweet and I am so glad that you got the chance to be with him before he died. I have heard that the spirit is really intense in moments like those. Your family will be in my prayers!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was an amazing man. I must agree that it is so comforting to know that we will see our loved ones once again. What a beautiful post!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! I am glad that you are being comforted by the spirit. I actually got to meet him at your mom's after Bridger was born. The pictures that you took are beautiful we should get together sometime and shoot (photos that is) and even if you can't get a hold of any of the other girls Luke and I would love to get together with you and Adam. We are even willing to drive to Pocatello!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Genessa, you can always bring happiness into any situation. It's neat that you have so many great pictures and memories of him.

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your Grandpas passing, I hope you are doing well. I am working on a Christmas gift for Dens folks and I really need your help. Can you post a lot of your family photos and also the old photos that you have of Dens grandparents? I am trying to compile all the family photos for a digital frame that I got. Perhaps you could upload them to photobucket or perhaps you all ready have them someplace on the net, hope, hope. Let me know where I can download some, Kay? Thanks
Barb

Unknown said...

oh another good photo site to put photos on is
http://www.shutterfly.com/?cid=SHARE3SXXXX