Monday, March 2, 2009

P90X








So my husband ordered this off Ebay last week and we just started Day 1 today. I am so excited to watch my body transform and become stronger. I have always enjoyed being fit, but after I had Bridger I have just not had the motivation that I have needed. So I am hoping that by tracking my progress and using there eating plan I will be able to stick with it and get amazing results. This is a little a bit about how it works. After my first work out today i can't even lift my arms, and I can see a little four pack in my stomach. It is amazing, I can't wait to see the end results. If I get brave enough I may post the before and after photo's. That is a maybe so don't hold me to it. If I get motivated enough I may start a blog with my progress. ENJOY!

How does P90X work?

Tony Horton showing sitting curl

Two words: Muscle Confusion. By providing an extensive variety of different moves that take time to master, P90X is continually challenging the body's muscles into new growth. The more you confuse the muscle, the harder your body has to work to keep up; the more variety you put into your workout, the better and faster your results will be.

The flaw with many fitness products is that they all lead to a "plateau" where the body becomes accustomed to the routines, resulting in diminished effectiveness. P90X avoids this plateau effect by switching things up to keep the body guessing for the entire 90 days. Which means IT NEVER GETS EASY. By breaking old routines and opening new doors, secondary and tertiary muscles are constantly being activated and developed.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck! Before you know it you will be ripped :) And you will know all the P90X slang (do your best forget the rest....)and be COMPLETELY annoyed with Tony. Stick it out though, if you make it through week one your doing better than us! Okay you've inspired us to get back motivated, were on board too :)

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Sounds pretty tough! I should do something like that...but I lack the motivation...but I should still do it! :)

Holly said...

Wow that sounds great! I need something to get fit for bathing suit season... I just might try it out! :)

Chy said...

I have been doing this in between my runs while I'm training for my second half marathon and I dred P90X days! It's rough but so good in a get fit way :0/ Haa haa I still can't even do one pull up without the stupid chair!!! Someday right?