I am at my moms taking a small break from the hospital so I thought that I would let everyone know what is going on. Adam was at work hanging a banner for there open house and his assistant manager was holding the ladder. The ladder folded and Adam went down with the ladder falling about 12-14 feet. He landed on the pavement on his feet then rolled to his but. As he was laying on the ground he felt pain like he had never felt before in his life. He could not even move. About 4-5 minutes later they called the ambulance and then they called me. Adam had to wait for three hours before they would give him any pain meds. So it was an interesting couple hours. They came back with the first x-ray and they said that it looked very minor and that he would probably not even have to wear a brace. They wanted to be sure so they had a cat scan done just to be sure. They come back and say that it looks a little worse then they thought and said they wanted us to talk to the neuro surgeon. At that point they come in and tell us that he would need surgery that his disc was pushing into his spinal cavity and that he would need this immediately. He got surgery this afternoon and everything went well. He was coming out of it slowly when I left. That is where we are at this point.
The doctor told us some pretty hard news this morning. Not something a 28 year old father wants to hear. Adam will not be able to snowboard, wake board or any other sport that will jar his spine. Because they had to fuze his L2, L3 and L4 discs he has no where to give. We are looking on the positive side of this and thanking our father in Heaven for protecting Adam. I know that we all go through trying times in our lives, and he would not give us something that we could not overcome. MY HUSBAND CAN WALK, HE IS ALIVE. We have so much to be thankful for and will learn and grow form this experience.
Thanks to everyone for all your support. We love each one of you and could not do this alone.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
The Trials we must face
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
So sorry to hear about this. Hope his recovery goes well your in my thoughts and prayers.
What a terrible ordeal! Hope all goes well for your husband and your little family.
Genessa, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope things go well and that he can recover quickly. You will be in our prayers.
Man that is seriously soo scary and must be terribly hard. I wish I was closer so I could do something. Hang in there and know we are praying for you. Love ya!
Ouch! I was so sorry to read about Adam- How scary for you both! I am so glad to know that he is going to be ok- Best wishes with the recovery Adam!
I'm so sorry to hear about this. We'll pray for you guys. Let me know if there's anything you guys need.
Oh that is so scary! I'm so glad to hear that he's not parolized. I hope the recoery is quick and he'll be back to normal in no time.
Oh my gosh, I cannot believe this happened to you guys! I am glad that the surgery went well and that things weren't worse. Hang in there!! We're thinking of you.
Our prayers are with you!
Oh I'm so sorry. I hope he continues to get better. We'll be praying for your family.
So sorry to hear about this I hope he recovers quick and well. It's clear that you guys have awesome faith, it's such an amazing example to all of us. Your in our prayers.
I hope he gets better soon! I hope your doing ok! You'll be in my prayers!
I am so sorry to hear this! We definitely will keep you guys in our prayers!
Genessa, I'm so sorry that you are going through this! You are right though, he is walking and is alive, he'll just have to find other activities. I hope all goes well in his recovery. If you need anything please let me know. I can help with Bridger or whatever you need.
Genessa, I am so sorry BUT I am glad it wasn't worse. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you in the ward!
Dang I am glad everything is okay. I am sorry to hear this. I wish you guys the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh Genessa, I am soooooo sorry to hear this. What a scary ordeal! Life can definitely change in an instant and make you wonder. You are right, our Father in Heaven will not give us anything we cannot handle and you and Adam will be stronger for all of this. We'll be thinking of you and your cute little family.
Post a Comment