Friday, October 9, 2009

Looking up

Well we are going on day 3 tomorrow in the hospital. Adam is doing very well, and is looking 100 times better. Today was his first day out of bed. He walked to his chair sat for 45 minutes and then walked back. This is such a huge thing, so we are pretty excited. The therapist was so positive and put such a great feeling into the room. He said that Adam is doing AMAZING. We have been so blessed with some of the best nurses and doctors. Adam is going to walk the halls tomorrow, and then we are hoping stairs on Sunday. I am so proud of him. He has been such a trooper through this whole experience. I am looking forward to the days to come when Adam is completely healed.

We are so grateful for all the kind words and the prayers that are being offered in our behalf. We could not do it with out the lords help. I am so grateful for all the Lord has done for our family and even though this is a trail that we are meant to face at this time I know that it will make us stronger. We love each one of you more then words could ever express. Thanks so much.

7 comments:

Bunderson Family said...

Wow, Genessa...I have just caught up on what is going on...Crazy!! We are praying for you guys and hope that all goes well. I am amazed by your great faith. It is just something that was so unexpected which I am sure makes it that much harder. You guys are awesome! Keep us posted!
Jen

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I just read what happened, and I can't tell you how sorry I am. We will keep Adam and your sweet family in our prayers! I am so glad to hear that things are looking up. I can't believe how well he is doing after surgery, that's amazing. I hope that things continue to get better, keep us all posted!

Anonymous said...

Its nice to see that you are so positive...but you are right about the Lord never giving you more than you can handle, at least with his help. Let me know if Bridger wants to play with Gavin for a few hours sometime, i promise i will make Gavin be nice.

Amy said...

Glad he is doing better. Back surgery is a scary thing.

The Cook Clan said...

That is truely amazing considering what he's been through! It is a pure miracle in God's helping hand. I hope he recovers quickly!

Brooke said...

Genessa,
I"m so sorry to hear about this ordeal. My prayers are with your family. I"m glad things are improving. Life is fragile, isn't it?

God bless,
Brooke

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Oh I am so sorry you have to go thought this. I hope he continues to get better and will pray for him. Good luck!