These are the pictures that I took from Adam's accident.
This is the archway that he fell from. He was hanging a banner from that wood piece. It it tall enough for large buses to go under.
These are of Adam being prepped for surgery. They had all these wires on him so they could monitor his nerves. It really made you realize how serious this surgery was..
This is Adam sitting in his chair(or my chair when I was there).
This was one of his first times up.
This was crazy! I could not beleive the tube was sticking straight out of his back. His incision does not look that big in this picture but it actually goes from the top of his bum to the middle of his back. We were very surprised how long it was.
I thought that I would stick a picture of this little pill on here also. I am not going to lie it has been a bit overwhelming but things are starting to slow down. I look forward to nap time everyday. We are being well taken care of. They have a RN that is assigned to our case that will to all of our appointments. So that is going to be so nice. We get to get the staples out tomorrow. Then our next step is to get him back to school.
I am so grateful for the gospel at this time and for the power of prayer. I could not do this alone. Our family and friends have been so AMAZING and so generous. Thanks for all the kinds words, it truly does help. As things progress I will keep you updated.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Pictures from the fall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
YIKES! Those pics are a bit scary. I can't believe that tube is sticking straight out of his spine!!!! I'm so glad he's recoverying quickly.
Genessa, I'm sorry your family has had to go through this trial. What a painful one! I'm glad that things are getting better and that he is healing quickly.
Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Oh Genessa, gosh, what will life bring you next?! First a big move and now this. I'm so sorry! I wish there was something we could do for you! Just know we are thinking about ya!
Wow what a crazy injury and so serious. I have been in on those surgeries before when I was an x-ray tech and there is no messing around when it comes to your back. Hope he can recover fast and well.
Wow! I am so glad that Adam is home and recovering. I can't believe how high that beam was he was hanging the banner from! Tell him to hang in there for us! We think of you constantly!! (OH, I can't believe how BIG Bridger looks in that picture! What a stud!
Holy cow! That is sooo scary! I am so glad Adam is home and doing good. I have tried texting you, do you still have the same number?
Hey, I saw your post on Facebook and checked it out...I can't beleive how well it sounds like your husband is doing after something like that. Hope you guys are surviving..and I thought life was hard with a 18 month old?! Can't imagine how you are feeling!
I am so glad that Adam is recovering!
Looking at the pictures of where he fell from has made me realize how much more careful we need to be. I always worried about Clark and my boys when they would wash windows on certain buildings. In order to save our customers money, we rent a man lift as a last resort--sometimes they are up 3 stories on an extension ladder. Well, I don't think that is going to happen again!
Genessa!! Holy cow - I had no idea any of this had happened! I was out of town on the weekend you guys moved, and I didn't even get to say goodbye - I'm sorry! Are you doing OK? If you need something, please feel free to call me. Tell Adam we're praying for him. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment