Thursday, October 30, 2008

5 Years and going strong

This weekend is going to be our 5th Anniversary. Being married this long sure does make me feel old. I will kind of recap some events. Adam and I met at Sizzler in January of 03, he had been home from his mission since December. We shared many hobbies, so we always had a great time when we were together. We were married November 1st, 2003.























We enjoy going to places where the spirit is present









We were able to take Brandon to the MTC









We bought our first house in May of 2004. We spent a whole month fixing it up.









We love the fourth of July, and hanging out with friends









We went to the Arizona temple while we were there for a wedding. We enjoy going to the temple for date nights









I have never been so proud. My husband graduated from BYU-I in July of 2007. He worked two jobs most of the time while earning an A average. He is amazing.












He got a job working for Yost business systems which relocated us to Pocatello. That is when be bought this house. Adam enjoys his job, and is very good at it.









On March 21st we welcomed our little man Bridger and what a blessing he has been.









Adam I look forward to more good times to come. These last five years have been amazing. I couldn't ask for a better friend, husband and father. I love you more than word could ever express.


This Week I am thankful for the Holy Ghost.

As some of you know a couple years ago i got into a pretty serious accident with my two little sisters. We were so blessed we walked away as good as we did.
It was in February of 2005 we were leaving my moms house and it was snowing pretty hard, I had this feeling to look to make sure the girls had there seat belts on, and they didn't. So I stopped the car immediately and told them that I wasn't moving until they had there seat belts on. Within 5 minutes my car was hit by a truck going about 50mph and had lost control. The back end of his truck hit my car. I look back today on how lucky I was that I had recognized that still small voice. This is only one occasion, but am thankful that my father in Heaven sent us here with someone to guide us and watch over us.










21 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! Congrats on 5 years! And, you still look like you are really in love :)

Janae said...

I had no idea about your accident. That is shocking that you lived through that. Your car is SMASHED! You were definitly being watched and blessed!

Congrats on the 5 year mark. That's a big year! Do something memorable & fun for your anniversary.

Audra said...

Congrat on the anniversary- It's amazing how time flies isn't it?

Adam told Aaron that Bridgers started walking up a lot a night- wish I had some good tips but Porter started doing the same thing at 6 months and is just now 8 months later starting to sleep through the night again.

Whatever you do don't let him sleep in your bed or he'll never want to sleep in the crib again! Trust me!!!

Darla and Kirk Nuttall said...

What a great milestone! That is awesome Genessa. It is amazing all the things you go through with your husband in five years of marriage. Congrats!
I don't ever remember you telling me about that accident. Very scary stuff.

Amy said...

It was fun to see your wedding pictures you look amazing. Wow what a stroy about your car accident looks scary glad you were okay. Happy halloween.

Shanna and Brad said...

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary. You've accomplished a lot. I hadn't heard about your accident but I'm so glad it turned out okay. That looks like a bad wreck!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I can't believe how horrible that accident was! I'm glad no one was seriously injured! I too am grateful for those little promptings from the Holy Ghost.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! Those were fun pictures to look at, looks like you've had a great 5 years!

Hilarie said...

Oops, sorry I forgot to make sure I had logged my husband out. If you ever see rleikis again its just me!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Wow! Happy Anniversary that is very exciting! You and your family looks like everything is going great!!! Miss you guys!

Taylor Family said...

Hey there! That was a fun little recap of your marriage and events together! Your family is so darn cute. Happy anniversary and Halloween!

Jamie said...

How fun to read all the fun facts! Woohoo for 5 years! You are the cuttest little family and we still cant wait to FINALLY meet up :) Hope Bridger is doing better.

The Cook Clan said...

Congrats!!! We too will be married for 5 years in March of 09. Wow, that is scary! That car looks horrible. Good thing everyone was okay.

Heidi said...

Congrats on the anniversary. How grateful we all should be for our families and the blessings of our Heavenly Father.

Jake and Lisa said...

Congrats!! At least I can say I held out longer than you when it came to getting married!! I never saw the pictures from your accident. You are one lucky girl!!

Bon said...

Congrats! You two make such a cute couple!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on 5 years. You know what they say, that those are the hardest and everything else is gravy Ü

Hope Bridg is feeling better. We are surprised about the measles thou, where did he catch those from as we are not aware of anyone in the fam ever coming down with them.

Heidi said...

i hope your little guy gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow 5 years!! It seems like that time went by super fast! Congratulations, you two are the perfect little couple....and family. Hope every thing is going good. And thanks for the little reminder about listening to the Holy Ghost. I just love ya and am so glad we're friends.

Kate Call said...

5 years!!! holy crap!! i remember when you guys got married, and i can't believe its been that long ago, time seriously has flown since high school! congrats.. you two are so incredibly cute together!
and neat story about the holy ghost, gave me chills.. says a lot about you that you were in tune with the spirit that strongly.. and that you then acted on it! you are such a good person

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You can't feel too old, we had our 10th this year- you can feel old then! Cute pictures :)