![]()
My heart is still so full from my experience last night so I thought that I would get up and express my feelings. Last night we were going to Walmart to get a few things for my dad's birthday party and as we were driving in we came across this sweet looking lady sitting at the corner with everything she could stuff in a shopping cart. I had this extremely strong feeling come over me that we needed to go back and see if she needed anything. So Adam said ok! We turned around and stopped at the corner where she was sitting and I rolled down my window. I told her that we were going into Walmart to get a few things if she needed anything. She said "There is some ready made sandwiches right when you walk in and I think they are only $2.00. Is that ok?" I thought to myself is that OK! How many times a day to I complain because Adam had a bad month last month. This lady is asking me if a 2.00 sandwich is ok. As I was driving away my emotions hit me instantly, I have never had the feeling of gratitude hit me so hard. I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for the things that I have, but am I truly grateful. I have a home, food to eat, a nice car to drive, money in savings. What do I have to complain about? So after I got my emotions back together I went in and got her some food.
I filled a plastic bag full of food got a $10.00 bill and stopped back at that corner where that sweet lady was sitting. I handed her the bag and the $10.00 and she said "Are you sure?" I asked her what her name was and she said "Sarah."
I have learned so much from this experience. I can't even imagine how the lord feels watching us go through our trials in life. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to meet Sarah and to feel of the Saviors love for her. It is experiences like this that help us to become more like our father in Heaven. It has made me realize how blessed I am.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Gratitude
Labels:
Gratitude
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
What a neat experience! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for sharing- I think we all can constantly use little reminders about how blessed we are.
Wow Genessa. You are such a good example- thanks!
I love those kind of experiences thanks for sharing.
Good for you. What a great experience!
Post a Comment