What can I say we are some pretty lucky people! On Tuesday night Adam was coming to get some pizza from me and was stopped at the Channing and Sunnyside stop light. Within 2-4 seconds after changing lanes a Jeep rear-ended him. We are so lucky that the traffic was not going on the other side because his car was pushed into the middle of the intersection. We later found out that she was being tested for being under the influence. She was going 40mph and did not even brake when she hit Adam. So she hit him going pretty fast!
When I got the call I completely broke down. My heart sunk into my chest. It was just like the call that I got when Adam fell off the ladder. I was just praying that Adam's back was going to be okay.
Watching them put Adam on a stretcher and hauled to the hospital in an ambulance was really hard. They had to be very careful with his back until we made sure everything is okay. When we got to the hospital they brought the lady that hit him in with hand-cuffs.
Everything ended up looking good so Adam could at least stand up. He got a good case of whip lash and his muscles in his back are really sore. We are so blessed that he was being watched out for again. It could have been so much worse. I know that my husband has an important role on this earth he has proved that twice!
Now dealing with two insurance companies is going to be very stressful. His workman's comp just re-assigned his nurse back to him yesterday so they can watch his progress. When I got in my accident I found out what a pain they were to deal with so I am hoping that this one will be a little better. If it gets to bad we are just going to get a lawyer to handle both.
I am so grateful for a husband that is so strong in the gospel. He pushes me every day to be a better mother and wife. I could not imagine our lives with out him. I know that god lives and he feels the pain that we are going through. He has comforted me so much in the last couple months. It has been an emotional roller coaster and I would have not been able to get through it with out him. I am so thankful for such amazing family and friends you have all been a huge support. We could have not gotten through it with out you either. So THANKS!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Poor Adam's car
Labels:
car wreck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
So glad he was ok! It was crazy that i drove by the wrecked cars after the accident...i didn't realize that you still had that car so i didn't think it was yours.
Oh my gosh, can we say trials?? Seriously. I know the Lord won't give us more than we can handle. You guys are so strong. Keep it up! I'm glad that Adam is okay. I miss you!!
My goodness! Scary! I'm glad Adam is okay. You guys are such a strong family.
Oh Genessa I am so sorry! But so thankful that he was OK. You're heart probably skips a beat every time your phone rings :)
Glad everything is okay with Adam, you guys have had a year, and if you didnt have the gospel I think it would be soo much harder to deal with all of this. Good luck with the insurance they can be a pain in the butt =)
I don't like crazy people that just don't care what they do. I am glad that Adam was okay.
I'm so happy to hear that Adam is okay. However I'm very sad that you have to deal with another thing. Hang in there.
A drunk driver totaled my car once at the intersection of Sunnyside and Hitt. It is SUCH an unnecessary trauma to put innocent drivers through! I'm glad Adam is okay. If I were you I would probably tie him to the couch for the next couple of months until I am assured he is fully recovered!!
Post a Comment